Monday, May 25, 2009

We Remember Moments

Here is another card that I made for my Merry Go Round swap. I also used this week's Card Positioning Systems sketch. This is my first entry for the CPS challenge. I really like their sketches, but I can only do so many challenges a week. :) I wish I could do all the ones I like. The sketch I used is posted toward the end of my post.

This image is not my style at all, but I have to say that I do like the way the card turned out. The image was stamped on watercolor paper. I considered coloring it with watercolors, but I don't have that many. I went with my usual Prismas to have more color choices. I think it still kind of looks like watercolor though. I printed the quote (one of my all-time favorites!) on the computer.

The background paper is handmade. Through the various message boards I have participated in and through a swap group I hosted on Yahoo for awhile, I became acquainted with a lovely lady whose name is Ms. Lis. Ms. Lis makes beautiful handmade paper and sent me a few small pieces as a hostess gift for a swap I hosted. Believe it or not, this is the first time I have used any. I'm hoarding it because I probably won't get more. I have lost track of Lis - we aren't online in the same places anymore. Anyhoo - I looked through every piece of DP I have and just could not find the right one for this image. Finally, I found the handmade paper and thought it was just perfect.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend!
Supplies
Stamp: Stamping Up! (I don't know the name of the set); sentiment is computer generated
Paper: Yellow cardstock (DCWV); dark turquoise cardstock (Club Scrap); DP - handmade
Embellishments: circle and scalloped circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); corner rounder punch (Hobby Lobby); ribbon (Hobby Lobby)
Technique: Prismacolor pencils blended with mineral spirits
Finished card size: A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hey Judy! What a great card! I really does look watercolored to me. I never tried my prismacolor pencils with mineral spirits on watercolor paper, but I will give it a go now that I see the results. That handmade paper is just awesome and so perfect for your card! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Susan said...

Gayle will be pleased with this card....it turned out great.

Linda Beeson said...

This is just wonderful! I so love the image and the way you colored it. Great use of that CPS sketch.