Hi friends! I was getting tired of the card that has been at the top of my blog for three weeks. I can't believe it's been that long since I've posted anything. My life has been more than a little crazy lately.
Elaine is hosting this week's member challenge on the CardMaker Magazine CardSwaps forum. It's a non-card challenge, and she asked us to alter a candle. I stamped the flourishes and daisies on natural color tissue paper, then applied them to the candle with my heat tool. I wrapped the bottom with a strip of burlap and some jute ric-rak and glued on a handmade daisy. The button center of the flower is tied with a piece of fiber that I pulled from the burlap.
I really enjoyed altering this candle. The technique was super easy and it was quick to make. I do think I need to practice a bit more as the surface of the candle got a little more bumpy than I would have liked from heating the wax to adhere the tissue. In this case, it kind of adds to the rustic look though.
This candle will be part of a set of gifts I'm making my mother for her birthday in February. She loves daisies. I'll post the other pieces when I get them finished.
Hi y'all! I am hosting this week's member challenge on CardMaker's Card Swap forum. We have a different type of challenge each week, and I was asked to host a recipe challenge. Rather than a typical recipe challenge, I decided to give mine a little twist. Instead of telling participants what to use, I am providing the recipe I used for my sample card and asking them to choose at least three of my ingredients to incorporate into their own creation. I tried to put a lot of different elements into my card to give them a number of ingredients to choose from.