Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sing


Hi y'all! I am hosting this week's member challenge on CardMaker's Card Swap forum. We have a different type of challenge each week, and I was asked to host a recipe challenge. Rather than a typical recipe challenge,  I decided to give mine a little twist. Instead of telling participants what to use, I am providing the recipe I used for my sample card and asking them to choose at least three of my ingredients to incorporate into their own creation. I tried to put a lot of different elements into my card to give them a number of ingredients to choose from.


Here is my recipe:
Colors: black, white, pink, neutrals + one color
Papers: cardstock
Stamps: collage, leaf, bird, music, butterfly, flowers, nature theme
Color Mediums: black ink
Embellishments: ribbon, twine (cord, yarn, etc. can also be used. My button is tied with crochet cotton), thread, buttons, beads, pears, rhinestones, stick pin
Techniques: embossing (it’s hard to see, but the black background square is embossed), collage, inchies, stitching
Tools: die cuts, punches, embossing folders or texture plates
Themes: nature, birds, butterflies, flowers, music, leaves

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Very, very nice. Love the black and pink and the sweet polka dot ribbon and button. Very creative indeed!

Unknown said...

I really love this card...it's one that you would keep looking at for ages and stillfind something new...love it. By the way hope you don't mind me asking is the stiching hand or machine finished? It's lovely. xxx