Sunday, March 8, 2009

Two Saturday Challenges - Penny Black and Sketch Saturday

There are certain challenges that I try to do every week - House Mouse, Mojo Monday, Cute Card Thursday. This week, I got all my regular challenges done a little earlier than usual and found myself with no cards to make. I'm one of those people that needs a reason to make a card - an occasion, a swap, a challenge - something. I can't seem to just sit down and make a card for the heck of it. So I decided to try the Penny Black Saturday Challenge, using this week's Sketch Saturday sketch to create my card. This is my first time to do these two challenges.


The challenge for Penny Black is called "3, 2, 1". These challenges require you to use three of one item, two of another, and one of a third on your card. In this case, it was three brads, two ribbons and one flower. One of the ribbons is tied around the rectangular piece on the left side of the card. The second one is tied through the button in the center of the flower. The three brads are pretty obvious. :)

The sketch challenge has the sentiment on the lower right side of the card, but I decided to place my flower there instead and stamped the sentiment on the image.

This card started out as yellow and green, but I wasn't feelin' it. I switched it to red and yellow - one of my favorites, which you can probably tell from some of my other cards. I did keep some green accents in there to pick up the green in the paper. The DP I used is from one of my very old DCWV paper stacks. I have so much paper! I'm trying to find uses for some of my older paper. Hopefully, my cards won't start looking "dated."

I enjoyed making this card. It's cute and spring-y. Thanks for stopping by to take a look at it.

Supplies
Stamps: Peek-a-Boo Hedgehogs (Penny Black); Friends (Studio G)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Paper: All cardstock and DP (DCWV)
Embellishments: Ribbon (scraps); brads (Making Memories); flower (Making Memories); button
Technique: Prismacolor pencils blended with turpenoid

6 comments:

Saskia said...

Wow... such a beautiful and lovely card!!

Saskia

Susan said...

Oh that paper is not that old....I have it too! Now what I used this week from the early 90's is oooooold! LOL! Cute card and nicely done.

Patti said...

Sweet! I like the 3,2,1 concept! Now don't get me started on Penny Black! LOL this image is sweet!!!!! Great job : ) and I have that paper too *wink*

Patti

GiftsByHeidi said...

That is adorable!! I love it. That is a super cute stamp.

Beth said...

Aww, this is so sweet! Fabulous papers and cute image! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
Beth xx

Alison said...

This card is lovely- not at all dated! Your colouring of those hedgies is beautiful.