Monday, January 5, 2009

Scraplings

Each week someone posts a challenge in the Papercrafts Community on the Creating Keepsakes web site. This week was for these adorable little cards that they call scraplings. Scraplings are 1 1/4" wide and 4 1/4" long. They are folded at the top. They only take a few minutes to make and they make use of even those little bitty scraps that I can't ever seem to throw away.


The stamps I used were as follows from left to right: 1) Stampin' UP! Paris in Spring; 2) Stampendous; 3) Technique Tuesday.
Scraplings can be used for bookmarks, gift cards, or just cute little notes. One of the girls on the board showed how she attached hers to a regular size card as kind of a card and gift in one. She put a note inside the card that said it could be used for a bookmark. I though that was a cute idea. Another suggested that she might make some for her son to take to daycare for Valentine's day and I thought that was a great idea too. I am thinking about making some for my son to take to preschool for his valentine's party instead of the plain ol' store bought cards - if I can come up with a design that's "boy" enough for him.

These are all the same size. They may look slightly different. I scanned them separately, then put them all into one image file to upload. They didn't all resize exactly the same and the background may look a little funny in spots. I know I should take pictures with my digital camera instead, but I have found my designs actually look better and show more detail if I scan. I am just terrible at taking pictures.
I think I will be making more of these. I have some ideas for using those $1 clear stamps and some brighter colors to make some really cute ones.

2 comments:

LUCYG said...

these are lovely ... I haven't been following the challenges, but obviously I should be!

Anonymous said...

Your scraplings are wonderful- love each and every one and the variety is great!