Wednesday, May 16, 2012

CardSwaps Time to Shine Blog Hop


There is an awesome crop going on over at CardSwaps this week. Challenges and games will be posted May 16-19, 2012 and you have until May 22, 2012 to get your projects posted to the appropriate thread. If you haven't participated before, don't worry! There are many members that will be around to offer support and encouragement. You can find out all you need to know in the forum. At the end of the hop, you will be taken to the crop and I do hope you join in. Collect the letters along the way and unscramble them to entered into the drawing for a prize for one lucky hopper! You will be given details at the bottom of the post. 


Your should have arrived here from Michelle Woerner's blog. If not, there is a list of all blogs in the hop at the bottom of this post. Make sure you visit all the blogs, leave comments and collect your letter so you can play the game.


The blog hop "theme" goes with the crop title of "Time To Shine". The only criteria our projects had to meet is that it has to be able to be used for a day in which someone has their “time to shine”, such as birthdays, graduations, weddings, bridging ceremonies, communions, or whatever. We were also asked to add some glimmer and shine to our projects.



I didn't have a specific occasion in mind for the card I created. I left it open so that it can be used for anything from a birthday to a wedding. For the glimmer and shine I used pearlized cardstock and silver vellum, rhinestones, and  Perfect Pearls. After embossing the center strip, I used a brayer to apply Distress Ink, then brushed on Perfect Pearls. That's a little difficult to see in the photo.

Supplies:
Cardstock (light gray - Club Scrap; blue damask pearl - DCWV Luxury Stack; silver pearl vellum - Michael's; solid blue - Bazzill)
Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass
Perfect Pearls - Perfect Pearl
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Victoria
Border Punches - Recollections
Embellishments - blue rhinestones, silver satin ribbon, blue vintage button, stick pin

Unscramble It game for hoppers... You will be unscrambling a word once you will collect a letter at each blog you visit. Once you collect ALL the letters, the last hostess in the blog hop will direct you to the thread in the forum where you can find all the details you need to enter the drawing. All hoppers collecting all the letters, unscrambling the word or phrase, entering the game by following the directions in the forum, and leaving feedback on EVERY blog they visit WILL be entered in to a random drawing held on May 23, 2012. ONE lucky hopper will have their name drawn and will win a prize!! Fun, right?? So, make sure you visit every blog and find the letters. Your hints are... it’s a phrase, it has four words, and it’s a way you will be able to shine.


My letter is "S".

Now hop on to Lisa's blog, leave her some blog love and collect your letter.

The full list of hoppers, in case you got lost.

24 comments:

Jeanette R. Graves said...

I love your background technique. I keep meaning to try it. I also like to make cards with no senitiments. Helps when the occasion just pops up.

Lora3677 said...

Great embossing. I love the flower and stick pin. :)

Rozy said...

Wow! Your card is impressive! Very beautiful. I can't wait to try your technique!

Golda said...

Judy, this is gorgeous!

Carolyn King said...

love that shimmer cs...beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Love this card. It's just so soft and pretty. Love that bit of blue in here.

Unknown said...

Lovely card! I like the stick pin!

Debby said...

Love the shimmer and the embossing on the background.

Susan said...

Oooooh that is very pretty Judy! I have that embossing / scoring technique on my to try list.....my really LONG to try list. It is so pretty looking. I must try it soon. Great card my friend!

Mrs. Jones from the Circus said...

Very nice, Judy. I love all the texture. Someone will be delighted to receive your card. I'm truly happy to see your work.

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Your card is gorgeous Judy! I love all the shimmer and shine and the colors you used. And, what a fabulous stickpin.

Michelle Woerner said...

This is a very soft and beautiful card! I love that shimmer paper!! Fabulous job :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a beautiful card Judy!

Diana N. said...

Very elegant card for any occasion! Love the color combination and all the texture your card displays.

Jane said...

Yes it is VERY ELEGANT!!! I love it... You do such beautiful work. I always love to stop by and see what you are making.

RochelleMezzano said...

It is obvious that your card is very elegant and classy. But maybe that's your style too!

Unknown said...

wow so very beautiful

Stephenie said...

Beautiful card!! I love the textures of your layers and the pretty pin! TFS!

Crafty_Judy said...

Elegant card Thanks so much for sharing!

Margaret said...

What an elegant card! I love the different textures you used.

Bonnie Garby said...

What a beautiful all occasion card to have on hand. It's always good to have a little stash of them.

Grannie Sharon said...

Beautiful, elegant card!

Ангелина said...

Adorable card!

Janice W. said...

Hi Judy! Thank you for being so sweet! Sorry I didn't make the hop. Your card is very pretty! Sorry to hear you are still having some difficult times. I hope you have a good supportive family and friends to lean on. Please don't worry about commenting on my blog. I am happy you enjoy stopping by. Take care!
Hugs, Janice