Friday, December 30, 2011

Clean and Simple Thank You Card


Hi friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Ours was quiet and peaceful. This year we were able to spend Christmas with my parents and my husband's, which was very nice.

This is a clean and simple thank you card that I made. I almost feel guilty posting it. If it hadn't been for the flower, it would have taken me literally five minutes. I kept staring at it after it was finished thinking that I should add something else because I hadn't spent enough time on it.

I printed the sentiment on the computer, then cut the card to size. I embossed above and below the sentiment with the Cuttlebug Victoria EF, then embossed the horizontal rules with my ScorPal and a bone folder.

The flower is handmade using a template from Mel Stamps blog. If you have never checked out Mel's blog, you should. She has tons of templates, tutorials and links. She offers everything for free. I go there first anytime I need something. If she doesn't have it herself, chances are she has a link to a place that does. I transferred the pattern for the flower to my DP, then fussy cut it, inked the edges,  layered it, scrunched it up a little for dimension and added a pearl brad.

That's about all there is to it. I really like this card. I think it's very elegant - even if it does seem like it didn't take me long enough. :)

Thanks for stopping by. Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is a gorgeous card, Judy. I love the flower and the embossing.

Thank you for the darling snowman Christmas card you sent to me for the CM swap.

Blessings on your New Year,
Teresa

Stampindamour said...

Judy - Very elegant and simple! Embossing makes such a difference. xo

-pamela :)