Sunday, November 27, 2011

Peaceful Country Church

This week's Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge is to make a project using the dryer sheet technique. This is my first time to submit a card for the Timeless Tuesday Challenge. Unfortunately I don't own any Flourishes stamps, but I wish I did. I think they are very pretty. I have a few on my wish list if my budget allows it.

This is also my first time to do the dryer sheet technique. It's super easy to do. After you stamp and color your image, you run it through a Xyron to apply the adhesive to the image side. It's been so long since I used my Xyron, I did it backwards and had to run it through again. :^) Then you apply a used dryer sheet to the adhesive and trim it to fit. I cut mine with a circle Nestie. Finally, you pour some glitter over the dryer sheet, rub it in and shake of the excess. The glitter goes through the holes in the dryer sheet and sticks to the adhesive. If you don't have a Xyron you can use spray adhesive. There's a great tutorial and video on Splitcoast Stampers if you would like more details.

I don't know who makes the church image that I used. It was in my stash of stamped images, so I either got it in a swap or someone gave it to me. I thought it would be pretty with the technique. The frame is a Quikutz die that I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago. I thought the circle needed a little something to set it off, so I inked the edge a bit with Fired Brick Distress ink. The top part of the background was run through my Big Kick with a Sizzix Impressions plate and the bottom is from my scrap stash. I punched the green strip under the ribbon with a Fiskars border punch.

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Judy, welcome to your first FTTC entry! We are thrilled you joined us this week...your card turned out so beautiful. Perfect take on the challenge! Hope to see you again soon...hugs ~S~

Susan said...

Don't want to repeat myself from the comments I left over at CM....but this card is so serene and pretty...I love it!

Tina said...

Oh I love this card! The church image reminds me of the churchs in Europe. Thanks for explaining the dryer sheet technique....I'm going to have to try that.