Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hand-Stitched Starburst Card

I made this card for Lora's stitching challenge on the CardSwaps fall online crop. I saw one of these starburst cards on SCS a few days ago and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try it out. The one I saw wasn't stitched, but I thought that would work well for it. My sewing machine is not working right so I hand-stitched between the pieces. I also stitched around the sentiment. I embossed the bottom piece with the Victorian Cuttlebug EF, then sanded it. I scissor distressed the edges and inked with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. I embellished with some red gems, lace, ribbon, button and stick pin. The papers I used for the starburst are Basic Grey Fruitcake.

The tutorial for the starburst is on the Operation Write Home web site.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Janice W. said...

This is gorgeous and so is the hand stitching!

Susan said...

This one and the vintage angels are my two favorites from the crop. Love...love....love them!