Saturday, October 31, 2009

Peace Dove in Gold and Cream

This morning was the first time I set foot in my craft room this week. I wanted to make a card for this week's challenge on CK/PCMB forum. It's a sketch challenge hosted by my friend Barbara. She also included an optional challenge of doing white on white. I didn't exactly do the white on white. Instead I used a gold and cream color scheme. I heat embossed the image in gold and embossed the papers with three different Cuttlebug folders. The background is gold vellum. I matted the circle and rectangle in gold handmade paper and added the gold nail heads to the corners to cover up my adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope everyone has a spooktacular (and SAFE) Halloween!!

Supplies
Stamp: Christmas Fillagree clear set (Inkadinkado)
Ink: Versamark; gold EP
Paper: Cream cardstock, gold vellum, gold handmade paper
Embellishments: Circle, rectangle and long rectangle Nestabilities; D'Vine Swirls, Victoria and Script embossing folders (Cuttlebug); ribbon, nail heads
Techniques: Heat Embossing, dry embossing
Finished card size: A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

6 comments:

Janice W. said...

Don't stay away so long! Glad you're back. Your card is beautiful!!!

Lavender and old lace said...

I love this so elegant often less is more,just beautiful Dorothy

Pattie G said...

Oh this is so very beautiful. I love the way you used several embossing folders.

hugs
Pattie

Janice W. said...

Hi Judy,
Thanks for all of your nice comments and your well wishes. Still sick but started on antibiotics. Thanks for thinking of me! I think your cards are amazing and I look forward to seeing them!
Janice :)

Emily said...

Love this card Judy! I just got that Victoria CB folder, so I'm glad you are giving me some motivation to use it...not that I need motivation to use embossing folders. I do love texture on my cards though. I'm actually trying to design a card in my head using those Xmas mice you sent me a while back. I love your card and how you used them in circles. Wish me luck!

Patti said...

Oh Judy! I especially love your elegant design!! really outstanding!

: ) Patti