Sunday, September 27, 2009

Life's a Bowl of Cherries

I'm so sorry for the cliche, but I'm sure you understand why I had to do it. It was the perfect sentiment for this card.

I am submitting this card for this week's Penny Black Saturday Challenge. This week was a color challenge - Chocolate, Lemon and Pink. I don't think I ever would have made a card wit those colors had I not been challenged to do so, but now that I have them together, I kind of like it.

I also used a sketch that I created for this week's challenge on the Creating Keepstakes PaperCrafts Message Board.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamp: Penny Black (from the Micey Day clear set); sentiment is computer generated
Paper: Pink and brown cardstock (Bazzill); DP - Kaleidescope (My Mind's Eye)
Tools and embellishments: Birds and Swirls embossing folder (Cuttlebug); flower punch (EK Success); flower brads (Making Memories); ribbon
Technique: Prismacolor pencils blended with mineral spirits
Final card size: A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

10 comments:

Barbara said...

Way to work that lemon in there! It turned out great!

Pauline C said...

Very cute image and love your papers for the colour combo. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
Pauline x

Janice W. said...

Sweet card! It looks great!!

GiftsByHeidi said...

That color combo looks great together. Love that image too!

Beth said...

Wow this is gorgeous! I love this image and the papers and embossing look great! Thanks for joining in with the PB challenge this week!

Beth xx

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card judy...love the image and how you used the colour combo...and me too...but it's a colour combo I will be using again...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxx

Susan said...

Sweet card!

Mel X said...

Wow, what a great card. Lovin the image and that funky looking background paper.

Mel X

Lavender and old lace said...

what a pretty card, I love the colours, and your right the sentiment is just right xxxDorothy

Seafood Recipes said...

Great posst thankyou