I think my design stayed pretty true to the sketch, but I did make a couple minor adjustments. I turned my rectangle vertical because Tilda seemed to fit better that way. Since there was room, and I need to fill a little space inside it, I stamped my sentiment in there instead of separately. I put a flower embellie where the sentiment was indicated in the sketch. Since I don't yet have any of the accessory stamps for Tilda to sit on, I sat her on the edge of the rectangle so it didn't look like she was just floating around on the card.
My cards are usually pretty clean without a lot of extra "stuff", but every once in awhile I like to have a little more going on. I also put a lot more patterns in this one than I usually do. I used papers from my new DCWV Spring Stack so they all went together nicely. There are always a few papers in those stacks that I'm not quite sure how to use. Such was the case with the piece I used for the vertical strip. It has stripes made of a variety of patterns so they look almost like strips of ribbon. I thought it worked well for this piece, and I'm glad I was able to use a paper I might not otherwise have ever used.
I have to say that I like how this turned out. It was fun to just play around. Thanks for stopping by. If you like Magnolias, I highly recommend checking out the Just Magnolia challenge blog. There are some great cards by the DT and those who are participating in the challenges.
Stamps: Sweetheart Tilda (Magnolia); Hello Friend (Hero Arts)
Paper: Yellow and blue cardstock - Spring Cardstock Stack (DCWV); DP - Spring Stack (DCWV)
Embellishments: Classic rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Butterfly Die (Spellbinders); Paper Flowers - Chole's Closet (Making Memories); ribbon, buttons
Technique: Prismacolor pencils blended with turpenoid
Finished Card Size: 6" x 6"