Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Little Elfin Magic

Hi all! It was a busy, busy week. Busy at work. Busy at home. Celebrated my 45th birthday on Thursday with family and friends. On Friday we went out of town for a quick overnight get away and got back really, really late last night. Today, I am just playing in my craft room. I came up with this card for this week's Just Magnolia challenge, which is pink and green. I also realized after I finished the card, that it fits this week's Sketch Saturday challenge, so I'm going to post it for that one too.
For this card, I chose an Alva image. I love the little Magnolia elves, Alva and Alf. I hope that they will come up with some additional designs for them, as their aren't very many yet. I don't actually own this stamp. My friend Susan gave it to me, along with the mushroom for Alva to sit on. I had the image colored earlier in the week and had planned to use it for a different card, but that didn't work out. So I just lucked out that the Just Magnolia challenge was to use pink and green, and I was that much farther ahead with it.
Above is this week's Sketch Saturday sketch. I really wasn't trying to follow this sketch. I was actually going for a different layout, which I ended up rotating to fit the image better. When I looked at the Sketch Saturday sketch, I realized that my card fit the sketch - pretty closely anyway.
I made my own flowers with punches and scraps of the DP I used on the card. I used my Spellbinders butterfly die to make the butterfly. I added some little gems to the centers of the flowers and the butterfly's body. I also ran the big pink flower through my Big Kick with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder to give it a little more interest.
Thanks for stopping by. If you like the Magnolia stamps at all I highly recommend checking out the Just Magnolia challenge blog. Even if you don't do the challenges, the cards that are posted by the DT and those participating in the challenge are amazing.
Supplies
Stamps: Sitting Alva, Big Mushroom (Magnolia)
Paper: Green cardstock (unknown); Pink cardstock (DCWV); DP - Two Scoops (Basic Grey)
Embellishments: Classic and Scalloped Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders); flower punches (EK Success); Butterfly die (Spellbinders); Scalloped border punch (Fiskars); ribbon (Target); Gems (Making Memories); Swiss Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug)
Technique: Prismacolor pencils blended with turpenoid
Finished Card Size: 5" x 7"




10 comments:

Bev said...

Absolutley gorgeous, so much beautiful detail. Thanks for joining us this week x

Susan said...

Totally awesome!!!!!

Tab said...

Wow, stunning card, just love this sweet Tilda and those papers are delish, just perfect!
Hugs Tab xxx

Janice W. said...

Well, Happy Belated Birthday to you!!! Hope you had lots of cake and presents and fun!!
Hugs, Janice

Emily said...

This turned out really cute Judy! I like how you created your own flowers and that butterfly is just super! I'm totally in love with Basic Grey paper. You can hardly go wrong with it on any card:)))

Marcea said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous card -love your image and papers
Thanks for joining us on Just Magnolia this week
-x-

Sandra said...

That's the first time I've heard of a card fitting a sketch rather then the sketch being the starting point. Bravo. Great card too. Love the little elf and mushroom.
Hugs
Sandra x

cats whiskers said...

This is Awesome love the wonderful colour scheme, paper and your fab colouring of that great image Thanks for joining us at Just magnolia
Hugs Jacqui x

Mina said...

what a stunning card...I love all the papers you have used...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge xxx

Rach said...

a sweet card Judy. thank you for joining us at just magnolia this week. hugs rachxx