Sunday, March 29, 2009

I Won, I Won, I Won!!! - Use It Challenge #4

Actually, I won Use It Challenge #3 last week. My prize was that I got to come up with this week's Use It Challenge #4. :) Here is my sample card.


My challenge was to use some items that were unloved, neglected or forgotten.


  • Use scraps of any kind (paper, ribbon, odd embellishments). I used paper and ribbon scraps, and the large flower on my embellishment in the lower right is a one of a kind.

  • Use punches and/or die cuts (shapes, borders, Nestabilities). I used a combination of oval Sizzlits die cuts and oval Nestabilities to create my focal flower. I also used my square Nestabilities for the background of the flower.

  • Use two or more different ribbons. I used three - the green for the flower stem and two different pinks around the horizontal panel.

  • Use one or more embellishments that you once loved and used often, but rarely, if ever, use now. Mine is the safety pin through the center of the ribbon tie. I used to use safety pins a lot to attach tags or to add beads to like I did here. I haven't done that for a long, long time.

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check out the other great cards for this week's challenge on the Use It Challenges blog.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Eeegads! No stamping! LOL! Cute card. Glad you enjoyed the challenge.

GiftsByHeidi said...

Congrats on winning Judy!1 I'm so happy for you. You picked an awesome challenge. I hope I get a chance to participate later this week.

Janice W. said...

congrats Judy! I love the card you made. The flower is adorable.

Lorraine A said...

congratulations :-) fabby card !


Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge blog candy
Lorraine