Tuesday, March 17, 2009

House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge #29 - Sketch

I was happy to see that this week's House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge is a sketch. I think sketch challenges are my very favorite type of challenge.

I chose this cute Happy Hopper image for my card this week. I received it in a swap and think it's just adorable. I had to vary the upper right part of the sketch slightly. Because of the size of the image, the circle element shown in the sketch wasn't showing enough and didn't really do anything for the card. I replaced it with the flower embellishment.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps: Happy Hopper Puddle Fun (Stampabilities); sentiment (Hero Arts)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Paper: Blue cardstock (unknown); DP (My Mind's Eye)
Embellishments: ribbon (unknown); brads (Making Memories); flowers (Prima)
Technique: Prismacolor Pencils blended with Turpenoid

10 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

Love this image and your colouring. I also love the patterned papers that you chose. Great job!

Unknown said...

You did a great job on your
card. I love the colors of
the paper you picked out.
The stamp is just adorable.
It really does make me smile.
Linda

a portland granny said...

What a beautiful card! Your coloring is just exquisite. Everything about it is lovely.

Susan said...

I have this image on my wish list.....it is really cute! Love what you did with it and your take on the sketch.

Patti said...

Love it! the colors are really perfect!! and your coloring of the image is perfect - as usual!! : ) vrey sweet Judy. TYFS

Patti

GiftsByHeidi said...

That is a super cute image! Love all your layers and the paper that you used.

theneon said...

A delightful card -- the colors and papers you chose are perfect for a "rainy day." Martha Kay

Heather said...

Gorgeous - I just love the colours and papers you've used - perfect for that adorable image.
Thanks for joining us at HM.
hugs Heather xx

Sue from Oregon said...

love what you did with this challenge!

Carmen O. said...

I love your take on the challenge. Great image and fabulous colors. Beautiful work.