Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #72

Well, I FINALLY got my card done for this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge. This card just wasn't coming together for me, but I think I finally came up with something that will do. Most importantly, my mother will love it. It's for her birthday and she loves anything I make and anything with daisies on it. This card is much more "fussy" than my usual style, which is fairly clean and simple. it was fun doing all the layers though. These challenges are great for making me step outside my box.


The yellow paper with red dots is actually the same yellow cardstock as the base, which I ran through my Big Kick with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder. I hit each of the dots with a red marker. The daisies and the Happy Birthday piece are pop-dotted, which is a little difficult to see in the scan.

Supplies:
Stamps: Gerber Daisy (Rubber Stampede); Sentiment (My Sentiments Exactly)
Paper: Yellow and red cardstock (Hobby Lobby); DP (My Mind's Eye - Front Porch collection)
Ink: Vintage Sepia (VersaFine)
Embellishments: Swiss Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Circle, scallop circle and long rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinder); ribbon and button
Technique: Prisma colored pencil blended with Gamsol

4 comments:

Susan said...

That turned out pretty! You didn't use any of the images I sent you. Changed your mind? Still can't click on your photo to make it larger either. Love the card though....well done!

Sue said...

Great card luv the red dots on the embossing folder looks brill, lovely bright card. sue.x

Pat said...

Oh my, so pretty. I love how you made the pp with the dots. Great idea!!

Patti said...

You Mom will love this - anyone would!! I like challenges for this reason as awell - really helps stretch your creativity!

TYFS Patti