Monday, February 16, 2009

House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge #25 - Sketch

Here is my card for this week's House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. This is a record for me - It's usually Wednesday at the earliest before I get my card done. Since today is a holiday I'm off work and just playing in my craft room. I should be cleaning it, but oh well...

I decided to be a little different this time and chose a Gruffies image for my card. I just think this guy with his tea is so cute. It was given to me by my friend Lucy. The flower brads were originally a very light lime green and the ribbon slider was a bright chrome finish. I decided to get out my alcohol inks and tone them down a bit and make them go together better. The ribbon slider says "Happiness" and is much easier to see and looks much better in real life. The scan kind of screwed it up. I also decided to step outside my comfort zone with the color scheme. I rarely use blue and green together.

Supplies
Stamp: Gruffies - All Warm and Furry (House Mouse Designs)
Ink: Black (unknown); Alcohol Inks - Lettuce and Bottle (Adirondack)
Paper: Cardstock (Hobby Lobby); DP (My Mind's Eye)
Embellishments: Circle and Scallop Circle dies (Nestabilities); ribbon, ribbon slider and flower brads (unknown - from my stash)
Technique: Prisma colored pencils blended with Gamsol

18 comments:

Susan said...

Cute! You should send it to Lucy....she would love this!

Teresa said...

I love the blues & greens. Great card and thanks for taking part in the challenge.

Jami said...

Beautiful coloring! I love the little flower brads, and what a great way to incorporate that ribbon slide!!

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooo...this is such a cute card! I love the image and you colored it so well. The blue and green are awesome together and the little word tag fits in so well! Great job on this challenge!! :)

LUCYG said...

oooh, I love it, AND susan is my new best friend :) judy, you do such wonderful work.

Patti said...

This is such a great card. I love the papers you selected and the ribbon goes perfectly and that little bear?! wow!! : ) TYFS! and Good Luck with the drawing!

Patti

Leigh said...

Great card. I love the colours.

Emma said...

Such a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in. x

Jen said...

I love the colour combination. Such a gorgeous card.
Jen x

Nina said...

oh this is sooo warm and cozy feeling... love that image and the pp's you used with it... I love the little flower buttons too what a perfect touch... and your ribbon is a bit different too, this just screams "awweee down time and tea time"!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is so adorable, love the papers, your coloring is wonderful and those tiny flowers are awesome.

Jeanette - said...

What a fun card! I love the colors and the ribbon. Great little accents too :)

Larissa said...

Lovely card! The tag with the sentiment is so cute!

Hugs,
Larissa

Heather said...

Fabulous card, love the colours and the papers and Gruffie is beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining in at House Mouse.
hugs Heather xx

Carolyn Bounds said...

What a fabulous card!!! I am happy you stepped outside of your comfort zone in regards to the colors because I love this combination!!! Thanks for the inspiration:o) You colored your image wonderfully, and the DP is beautiful!!! I also love the yummy ribbon!!!

Thank you for playing along in this week's challenge!!! I cannot wait to ogle more of your wonderful creations in future challenges:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Carmen O. said...

What a great card! I love the colors you chose and using alcohol inks to change the flowers and ribbon slider how perfect. That is a great image and with how much tea we drink here at our house it should be on my wish list :D. Great take on the challenge!

Sue said...

Such a sweet image, one of my favorites. Very sweet, love it all. NIce work.

Anonymous said...

i just love this bear and the card is wonderful