Sunday, December 28, 2008

My First Stamped Card

I have decided to start a new blog for my paper crafting/rubber stamping hobby. I'll be posting some of my favorite past cards. I also plan to join in on some challenges and I'll be posting those here too.

I started my paper crafting adventure as a scrapbooker, but the stamping and cardmaking took over. I enjoy making cards because they are faster. I also enjoy trying new techniques.
For my first post here, I am posting the first card I ever made that used rubber stamping. I had made cards before that, but mostly what I call "scrapbook style". I made this for a card swap I think it was almost three years ago. It's still one of my favorite cards that I have made.
There aren't any special techniques on this card. It's just basic stamping and distressing. I chose to use the traditional red and green colors, but non-traditional papers to go with the western theme. The image was colored with colored pencil.

Supplies Used
Stamps: Stampabilities
Paper: K & Co.
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger)
Embellishments: Decorative brad (Making Memories); Primitive Star die (Sizzix); twine

2 comments:

Patti said...

this card is adorable! No wonder it is still your favorite, it is a classic! I really like the western theme, it's different than the "usual" Christmas-y cards. A great combination of papers, embellishments and layout. too cute!

LUCYG said...

oh judy, this is just too cute. love the mixed theme and the execution.