Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I Hope You Dance

I'm submitting this pretty ballerina as a second project for the current Catered Crop Follow the Recipe Challenge. For this challenge you are provided an inspiration project from the previous challenge entries. The objective is to use parts of the "recipe" used for that creation along with your own ingredients to make a project. I made a card in my favorite vintage collage style using the following ingredients from the inspiration recipe:
  • Papers: pattern paper
  • Embellishments: lace, thread, buttons, tags, pearls, ribbon, twine
  • Techniques: sewing, make a bow bouquet
  • Tools: die cuts
The background paper is a digital paper that I created using Photoshop textures and brushes. The post card, music paper, ballerina and hydrangea images are all from The Graphics Fairy. I created the sentiment in Photoshop and added the swirls at the ends with a PS brush. The bow bouquet is made with tulle, sheer pink ribbon, brown satin ribbon and a length of strung pearls. There is a shipping tag layered behind the main image that has been stamped with a damask background using Vintage Photo Distress ink. I adhered ivory color wrinkled tissue paper to the ballerina image using Mod Podge just to give it a faux silk look. Everything is sponged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The flower is made from a Prima and a pink lace circle. I finished it off with a pink button, a twine bow and a pearl/crystal stick pin.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: